Sunday, January 04, 2009

Cozy on the couch with tea

Im sitting on the couch next to my husband. It still feels amazing to say that. I notice that when I am in a store I tend to mention the word husband regularly. For instance, oohh I think my husband would enjoy this cheese... Oh I need to return this paint, my husband doesnt like the pink tone it has. Ohh, I think my husband will like this sweater....
It is interesting to see how different people treat you when you say you want to return something or need something and instead of boyfriend you mention you are married. People seem to take you more seriously. I think that is a little sad, but I suppose it makes sense..
I am looking at all the tealights burning, my kitty sleeping curled up on her chair, my husband next to me on the couch, and tea and cookies in front of me. I feel happy and content.
Last night was a good time. We had dinner at S and Ls, and played a game K and J brought. It was a really fun game, and I enjoyed playing it. After that we watched Tropic Thunder. It was rather lame, but it was amusing to watch non the less.
Today I spent some time organizing the study room. We pretty much placed all our gifts and everything else we used for the wedding in that room. We havent really been able to use the room because of it, and there have been multiple times where I wished I could. It is going to be a hobby room, and it is a perfect spot for doing the jigsaw puzzle we got for christmas and some painting I have been wanting to do. I have most of the wedding stuff organized into separate boxes now, so the room already looks much better. Now I need to find spots for the items and return some stuff to people that were kind enough to lend us things to use at the wedding.
After that I want to reorganize the whole room, tidy away my old school stuff and really turn it into a usable hobby space.

No comments: