This morning J left for a 2 day retreat, along with all the other cheeses. That means that my phone is not ringing very much at all, which means I am happy. It has been a busy few days, so it is a nice little break to not have all that much to do. I think it is funny that I say this, because not too long ago I was saying how I was bored out of my tree. Oh well, after the last two weeks I am enjoying my breather.
Last after work A came to get me, and I was hungry and tired and grumpy. We had time to kill before our volleyball game, and so he took me to Kelseys for dinner in the hope that I would degrumpify. Dinner definitely helped, and since we still had some time left we went to Sofaworld to get some ideas for couches for our family room. We had sooo much fun shopping, we had the showroom all to ourselves, I guess people didnt really want to brave the snowstorm to shop for a couch, and so we tried pretty much every chair and couch in the place, while giggeling about ugly upholstery, and hard cushions. We found a set that we like, but seen as though it is the only store we have tried so far, we still need to shop around some more. I am really looking forward to changing around our family room, because the way it is right now isn’t really working all that well for us. I will keep you posted.
After Sofaworld we played volleyball. It was my first game, and I really enjoyed myself. My arms feel a little bruised today but it was totally worth it. I think I might play again next week. It was in a high school gym, totally low key, and I felt comfortable even though I wasn’t doing well, which if you know me means a lot. I am really hard on myself usually when I am trying something new and I am not stellar at it. And because of that I often feel nervous and am not having a good time. I have been trying really hard through soccer to be less hard on myself in situations like that. So I am extra happy that even though I was the worst player on the field, I enjoyed it a lot and am even considering going back. Small step for man… you know…
Overall, a good end to a long day.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment